DocItOut – SAS Documentation Tool
DocItOut is a free open source software for generating web documentation in HTML format based on the comments and statements in the SAS source code. By specifying the root directory of your project source code, DocItOut will:-
- Recursively traverse each subdirectory.
- Parses the comments and statements from each SAS file with “.sas” file extension.
- Generates a web documentation in a specified output directory.
Please assure that DocItOut does not and will never alter your SAS files. The DocItOut’s comment syntax is carefully based on the widely used Javadoc (for JAVA programming language). Thus, the look and feel of the generated web documentation may look very similar to the ones generated by Javadoc.
DocItOut received both Honorable Mention Award and People’s Choice Award at 2008 SAS Global Forum in San Antonio, Texas. You may download the published paper here to learn more about this software.
Download for FREE
|Windows||32 bit | 64 bit|
|Mac OS X||32 bit | 64 bit|
|Linux (DEB package)||32 bit | 64 bit|
|Linux (RPM package)||32 bit | 64 bit|
- There is currently no built-in SAS tool that enables a SAS programmer to easily publish the source code documentation on the web.
- An easy way for everyone to find the code documentation.
- Living and breathing document. Changes made to be the codebase can quickly be reflected in the generated documentation.
- It’s free and very easy to use.
What’s New in DocItOut 1.3.0
Here are some of the major highlights of this new release:-
- Cross platform with Windows, Linux and Mac support. Works in both 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
- Replaced the directory listing on the top left with tree structure for cleaner visualization for projects with many subdirectories.
- Cleaner user interface. Reimplemented the entire UI.
- The generated output is cleaner and more polished.